Key elements of the monitoring programme shall include:
- Monitoring Water Resources availability through collaboration with relevant agencies to establish/maintain a network of hydrometric stations and development of rating curves for gauge stations;
- Monitoring water use through a sustainable water use data reporting system: and
- Monitoring of water allocation.
Strategies and measures to enhance compliance shall include:
- Building compliance framework through stakeholders’ participation;
- Stakeholder education and enlightenment campaigns;
- Raising awareness on the benefits of compliance and the penalties for defaults;
- Collaborate with relevant agencies to install sufficient staff gauges on the water resources for measuring water levels and assessing the general conditions of the resources;
- Maintenance of Water Users Register for existing, renewing and amending water allocation license;
- Installation of Measurement Device and Local Lockable controlling Device as pre-condition for authorisations;
- Modalities for reporting infringements to the water licence conditions; and
Clearly defined penalties and restrictions on violators.