ACTIVITIES OF AUDIT UNIT IS DETAIL UNDER FINANCIAL AUDIT, MANAGEMENT AUDIT.
- FINANCIAL AUDIT
- a) Pre-payment examination of all payment vouchers emanating from the account section for .compliance with the rules and regulations (financial regulations 110).
b). Monitoring the used of funds allocated to the commission and disbursement to catchment offices.
- c) Examination of advances records.
- d) Examination of revenue from bidding/licensing /permit etc.
- e) Examination of all financial records e.g. Cash books/ vote books /trial balance etc.
- f) Checking /Auditing of salary payrolls and other related documents prior payment
- g) Examination of assets registers to ensure safety.
- h) Produce monthly, quarterly, have yearly and yearly reports on the performance of the financial status of the Commission.
- i) Physical verification of contract/ supplies or construction, renovation and installation etc.
- j) Checking of inventories, inventory boards, store items and store books.
- MANAGEMENT AUDIT
- Comprehensive and constructive examination of all functions and system plans, objectives, policies, staffing, staff relationship and budget process.
- Review; appraise operation and activities on extent of compliance with regulatory requirement in order to provide management with information on effectiveness, efficiency and economy with which they are carried out.
- Make sure that there is value for money spend during procurement process.
- Follow-up Audit queries.
Head of Audit