DEPARTMENT OF MONITORING AND ENFORCEMENT
The Department is charged with the responsibility of assessing, monitoring and enforcing all licensable water use activities.
It also ensures compliance to terms and conditions attached to water use licences, conflict resolution that emanates from Community Social Responsibility, monitoring compliance to policies on dam safety, Water related Hazards and Water Services.
A key part of this responsibility is to ensure compliance with relevant regulations in order to secure sustainable use of water resources.
DIVISIONS OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Monitoring/ Compliance.
FUNCTIONS OF THE DEPARTMENT
The department has the following functions as shown below:
- Effective assessment, monitoring and enforcement of all licensable water use activities.
- Proffer advice on monitoring of water use activities.
- Bring its knowledge and expertise to assist in resolving water use conflicts relating to non-compliance to agreed community social responsibility.
- Receive and investigate complaints from Licensees and other water users.
- Recommend prosecution of defaulters of the Water Act and Regulations.
Engr. OJIAKO VICTOR N.